So you want lacy bralettes and stunning corsets, but you don’t have hundreds (or thousands!) to plunk down for your fancy underthings. Of course you’re not going to get French Chantilly lace for under a hundred, but you can learn a lot of simple tips to help you get your (really nice) bras and panties for less. Whether you’re shopping sales, scanning discount sites that offer your favorite high-end lingerie, or reading email newsletters from designer brands you love, you’ll be a panty-shopping pro in no time when you follow these simple tips.
- Lingerie goes on sale in July and January. Got a big night coming up or need something new? Plan in advance to take advantage of the cheapest time of year to buy. The sales after the New Year can be the most impressive, especially if you’ve planned ahead. Before anything actually goes on sale, find about ten different bras that you adore and make notes. When the sales hit, go and find the discounted ones you already know you want and get them before someone else snatches them up. This is a great way to get everything you need for the year in one go.
- Shop sample sales from sites like Rue La La. While you probably won’t be able to return what you purchase, you can get incredible steals from your favorite designer brands or try something new for a lot less. Right now they’ve got gorgeous bras, panties, robes, and chemises from La Perla, Oscar de la Renta, Josie Natori, and Cosabella Dolce, all for a fraction of the regular price. Check back regularly to avoid missing your new favorite underwear.
- If you’re a Victoria Secret girl for life, try checking out some hacks that can save you a bundle. From signing up for their catalog (and essentially never having to pay for panties again) to staying on top of stacking discounts, you can get the best deal on your favorite everyday pieces or something special.
- Become a regular patron at a small, independant lingerie shop. While it may not look like you can get anything there for a reasonable price, you’d be surprised how much a dedicated sales assistant can be in helping you find perfect pieces in your new favorite brands. In addition to expertly finding slips, corsets, and even harnesses in your size (and that fit your budget), they may offer you additional discounts for your loyalty and putting in a good word with your friends and coworkers. Plus, supporting a local business is always a good idea.
- If you’re looking for plus-sized lingerie on a budget, try Hips and Curves, a site offering the finest fashions for curvy girls at amazing prices. You can also take a look at Harlow & Fox, vintage-style bras and underwear intended for women who need between a DD and a G cup, and Adore Me, which offers sizes up to 42G. While Adore Me’s lingerie isn’t strictly what you’d call designer, it does get points for curating a collection that takes the cream of the crop from a dizzying array of mid-range lingerie. If decision anxiety constantly plagues you, their sexy sets sent to your house on the regular will make getting new underthings a breeze.
- Subscribe to newsletters from your favorite brands. They’ll give you advance notice of any sales or deals, send you coupons, and let you in on the best ways to save. If you’re willing to give them a quick scan every time that they drop into your inbox, you won’t miss an incredible deal on exactly the bra you were dreaming of buying.
- Try a lower-priced version of your favorite brand. For example, Agent Provocateur has launched L’Agent, a lower-priced line that’s more playful and much cheaper. Double the savings by using a web site like Gilt and then finding the less pricey line; for example, check out this Vanesa Non Pad Demi Bra by L’Agent for only $45 or their Rosalyn Basque Corset for $82.